The Lough Swilly Ferry is not currently running, the council are hoping to have it running this summer. So, I have had to change from the traditional route.
- Start moved from Boucher Road to Mallusk (North Belfast). Probably Mallusk playing fields but I need to confirm car park is not closed at night.
- Outward route over Sperrins – so we’ll be able to see views and road (or lack thereof).
- Straighter (hopefully easier to navigate) route from Park to Derry.
- Reversed route round Inishown – so taking Mamore from the easy side.
- Scenic route from Derry to Buncrana to avoid the main road
- Return route through Derry over peace bridge.
- 24 hour McDonalds Coleraine at 325km.
- Gentle route back to Belfast following Baan cycle route
Of course, there’s still over 4000m of climbing to enjoy, but over 3000m of this is now in the first 250km.