Date: 13th April 2019
Difficulty/Climbing (from * to *****) ***
Organiser: Marc Kilduff
Difficulty: ***+ (Sum-up: Climbing +2684 m / -2685 m, 302.8 km, Self-supported, very doable)
What does the event cost ?
- Entry Fee: €6.00
- Optional ACP or Audax Ireland Medal €7
- CI Licence required. One day Licence available at start for €5.00
How to enter
- Download and print the event entry form here New Entry Forms
- Send the filled out form to the organiser by:
- Post to 1 Orchard Vale, Stamullen, Co. Meath.
- or Scan the completed form and e-mail to email@example.com
Please include Entry Fee, Medal Fee (Optional) and 1-day Licence Fee, if required.
By PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by cheque/PO/post (payable to Audax Ireland) to Andreas Voigt, 12 Brookville Park, Malahide Road, Artane, Dublin 5, D05 F6T2.
Whether by post or PayPal, please make sure to include your name, and which event you are entering with your payment !
Time: 6am (The shop in Stamullen will not be open at this time or on return after 9:30pm)
The route will leave Stamullen moving north through the counties of Meath, Monaghan and Armagh. Then heading east towards the Mourne Mountains and the main climb of the day over Spelga Dam (just once ;-)) at 167km. The route then returns over the Cooley mountains and down along the coast passing through Dundalk, Clogherhead, and Drogheda before finishing at Stamullen.
There will be climbing, but the scenic nature of the route should make it worthwhile.
Route Map: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/7578571A
- Parking available at start.
- Light refreshments will be provided at the Finish.
This will be a self-supported event, which means that there are unlikely to be any manned controls, and definitely no support vehicle. However, there are plenty of options for refueling en route. Please read this page for more details on what to expect on a self-supported event.
Places to stay