Date: 1st February 2020
Difficulty/Climbing (from * to *****): **
Organisers: Paul Newman & Aidan Caulfield
Address: 4 Iona Rd, Glasnevin, Dublin 9
Entry is on the Eventmaster system at the link below:
Entry Fee: €5.00
Optional ACP or Audax Ireland Medal €7.00 each
1-day Licence if required €5
Closing Date: Monday 27th January 2020
Start: Whitehall Church, Dublin 9 (near Port Tunnel North end)
Facilities: Free Car Parking (CAUTION ! Height restriction barrier at entrance !)
This is a self-supported event, riders should bring or buy their own supplies. There are plenty of places to stop on the route. Please note that due to the time of year Lights are mandatory for this event.
Please read this page for more details on what to expect on a self-supported event.
Route Description: This is essentially a very flat route with one hill (hence the name), its rolly in two sections for about 15k, but you could do the whole course in the big ring if you so desire !
We will leave Whitehall Church, (free car parking), head west through Finglas, skirting the east of Blanch heading towards Ratoath via Kilbride. After Dunshaughlin, we go through
Kilmessan on our way to Summerhill, where we go west thru Rathmolyon and into Kildalkey. Head north to Athboy and into Oldcastle (100k), back to Kells over the Kings Mountain, thru Oristown , Gibbstown, Stackallen, crossing the Boyne at Broadbridge, into Yellow Furze, skirting around Kentstown, quiet roads to Ashbourne, and through Ballymadun, St Margarets into Finglas and turning left for the last 2k into the car park.
2017 Map Kings Mountain 200 2017
MAP UPDATED 31st January 2017
Routesheet: will be given out on the day
Cycling Ireland Licence required, One-day Licence available on the day.
Additional Notes !
(1) Good lights and hi-viz mandatory.
(2) Waterproofs, extra gloves, socks, hat and whatever else, strongly advised.
(3) Bike computer necessary, and a spare tube or two plus tools, this is a self-supporting event.
Laminated cue sheet and brevet card in start pack.
Seperate start groups at 7.00, 7.30 and 8.00am.
- 1.5 Loughs winter permanent.
- Adrian Nealon 200 (& 100)
- Angel of Mons 200
- Ardattin 200
- Around Down 200
- Audare 200
- Banner 200
- Big Fella 200 (Permanent)
- Birr 200
- Blackwater 200 (Permanent)
- Coastal Classique 200 Permanent
- Crumbling Rocks 200 Permanent
- Dark Hedges 200
- Dawn Raid 200
- Dying Cow 200
- Dying Light 200
- East Wicklow 200 (Permanent only)
- EWC 200
- Excelsior 200 Permanent
- Faceless Monk 200
- Fermanagh 200
- Forgotten Roads 200
- Fratres Cruciferi/4 Towers 200
- Gheimhridh 200 (Winter 200)
- Gimme Shelter 200
- Inner Ring 200
- Kingsmountain 200
- Long Heron/4 Aquaducts 200
- Mayo 200
- Mayo Western Lakes 200/100 MTB
- Mayo XTRM 200
- Mick Byrne 200
- Midlands Meander 200
- Midleton 200
- North Leinster Riviera 200 Permanent
- Nutcracker 200
- Orwell 200
- Pink Elephant 200
- Rock Savage 200
- Tara 200
- Temporary Fever Hospital 200
- The Cheeky 200 Permanent
- Titanic Torr 200
- Tubbercurry Offroad 200
- Vanishing Battalion 200
- Waterside 200 (Permanent only)
- West Wicklow 200 Permanent
- Wolfe Tone West Cork 200
- Wolftrap 200
- Yola 200