Organiser: Albert Weinert
Mobile: 086 3036823
Entry Fee: Permanent Fee of €5 is payable by PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org
Required: Cycling Ireland Licence number on the entry form, no one-days allowed!
Please complete the Permanent Entry Form and send it to the above e-mail address in advance of your ride.
Ride with GPS Map: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/34378217
Start/Finish: Mulligan’s XL Shop, Carrick-on-Shannon, or any control.
Proof of passage by GPS track and photos or receipts.
Route kicks off from Carrick-on-Shannon with the first long climb coming in at 25.8km. The climb continues for approx—7.7km with an average gradient of 3.3%. Don’t be fooled by this small average gradient as there will be steep bits reaching well over 10% !! Then you will be descending the Greaghnageeragh for 2km. Be very careful while descending as it averages -10% and it’s a narrow road. Watch out for cars and possibly other cyclist climbing this challenging climb. You will descent into Ballyfarnon where you can have your first stop for coffee and some hot food. At 40.3km you will encounter the second climb of the day which continues for 1.8km and averages 8.3%. Once up, you go down again and watch out as this is another straight road where cars could be oncoming. Along the route to Boyle, you will encounter a couple of climbs. Once again, be careful on the descent into Boyle at 71km. There you reach your second control with loads of shops and options for hot food. At this point, you have done most of the climbing, and the road is mostly “flat”.
Shops/Garages available at the following:
- 27.8km – Arigna
- 37.4km – Ballyfarnon, Hot food available
- 75.5km – Boyle, Hot food available
- 94.2km – Frenchpark, (200m off-route from right turn onto N5)
- 108km – Castlerea, Hot food available
- 144.4km – Roscommon, Hot food available
- 158.3km – Lanesborough (Continue into town for more options)
- 173.1km – Strokestown
- 183.8km – Elphin
Read this page https://www.audaxireland.org/audax/permanents/ for more details on riding Permanents.
- 1.5 Loughs winter permanent.
- The Great Lake Spin
- Antrim 200 Permanent
- Ardattin 200-Wicklow Permanent
- Canals & Greenways 300 of Leinster (permanent)
- Carlow Covid 200 Permanent
- Cill Mhantain 200 Permanent
- Donegal 200 Permanent
- Down 200 Permanent
- Dublin County Border 200 Permanent
- East Coast 200 Permanent
- Effin 200 Permanent
- Heartbreak 200 Permanent
- Kildare 200 Permanent
- Killeshin 200 permanent
- Laois 200 Permanent
- Little Carlingford 200 – Permanent
- Locked in Roscommon 200 Permanent
- Loughanleagh 200 Permanent
- Meath 200 Permanent
- Munster Centenary 200 – Permanent
- Royal Canal 200/300 Permanents
- Sligo 200 Permanent
- Suir 200 Permanent
- The Cheeky 200 Permanent
- The Rossies 200 Permanent
- The Unforgettable Fire 200 Permanent
- Three Masts 200 Permanent
- Waterside 200 (Permanent only)