Killeshin 200 (around Co. Carlow) Permanent
Organiser: Seamus O’Leary
RwGPS Map: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/32017847
Entry Fee: €6 by PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org
or by post, payable to Audax Ireland,
Andreas Voigt, 12 Brookville Park, Malahide Road, Artane, Dublin 5, D05 F6T2.
Please remember to say which event and which rider you are paying for.
Start/Finish: Killeshin Community Centre (just outside Carlow town)… or anywhere else along the route if riding as a permanent.
Controls (and stops for re-fuelling) as follows: Killeshin; Graignamanagh (59km); Bunclody (103km); and Crookstown (165km).
The route follows the Carlow county boundary, taking in surrounding counties and some of Carlow’s best scenery. Starting in Killeshin village with a steady climb to the top of Rossmore Hill for good views across Carlow, the route then descends quickly to cross the River Barrow. The second climb of the route comes before Graignamanagh, Co Kilkenny leading to great views of the entire Blackstairs Mountain range. Rolling hills along the Carlow boundaries with Wexford and Wicklow are broken up with views of Mount Leinster, the Slaney River and Lugnaquilla. With nearly 1,800m climbed after 150km, the last section through Kildare and Laois is relatively flat.
This will not be a Calendar event during 2020, and can be ridden as a Permanent only, by arrangement with Seamus.
Cycling Ireland Licence required, Permanents cannot be ridden on a 1-day Licence. Please see this page for details of Permanent rides. Permanents page
- 1.5 Loughs winter permanent.
- The Great Lake Spin
- Antrim 200 Permanent
- Ardattin 200-Wicklow Permanent
- Canals & Greenways 300 of Leinster (permanent)
- Carlow Covid 200 Permanent
- Cill Mhantain 200 Permanent
- Donegal 200 Permanent
- Down 200 Permanent
- Dublin County Border 200 Permanent
- East Coast 200 Permanent
- Effin 200 Permanent
- Heartbreak 200 Permanent
- Kildare 200 Permanent
- Killeshin 200 permanent
- Laois 200 Permanent
- Little Carlingford 200 – Permanent
- Locked in Roscommon 200 Permanent
- Loughanleagh 200 Permanent
- Meath 200 Permanent
- Munster Centenary 200 – Permanent
- Royal Canal 200/300 Permanents
- Sligo 200 Permanent
- Suir 200 Permanent
- The Cheeky 200 Permanent
- The Rossies 200 Permanent
- The Unforgettable Fire 200 Permanent
- Three Masts 200 Permanent
- Waterside 200 (Permanent only)