Organiser: Niall Harran
Entry Fee: €5 by PayPal to email@example.com and Cycling Ireland Licence required, no One-days allowed.
A Covid 200 route staying within the Donegal county bounds. You can start at any point along the route but the official starting point is outside the Supervalu in Ballybofey. There is ample free parking at this location including underground parking and toilets at the rear of the building. Toilets may not be available outside shop opening hours.
The route follows mostly minor roads from Ballybofey to Donegal Town before crossing the Frosses ridge to Ardara. A picturesque loop to Lettermacaward is followed by a climb to the head of Glenveagh and on to Letterkenny via Churchill village.
Busy Letterkenny is bypassed using rolling back roads and heads for Raphoe via some punchy climbs. A final rolling section from Raphoe to Castlefinn via Ballindrait before crossing the River Finn and returning to Ballybofey.
There are many opportunities to stop for food and drink. The section from Lettermacaward to Letterkenny is the most remote so best to stock up before this. Although Letterkenny is bypassed you come close enough to the town to enable a short diversion if needed.
RwGPS Map https://ridewithgps.com/routes/34253189
Photos or receipts plus either an emailed GPS track or weblink to Strava, RideWithGPS, or similar app.
Ballintra Village Cassidys Xpress Stop (40km)
Kilclooney Dolmen Centre (95km)
Glendowan Church (140km)
Raphoe Diamond Heart Project Sculpture (173km)
- 1.5 Loughs winter permanent.
- The Great Lake Spin
- Antrim 200 Permanent
- Ardattin 200-Wicklow Permanent
- Canals & Greenways 300 of Leinster (permanent)
- Carlow Covid 200 Permanent
- Cill Mhantain 200 Permanent
- Donegal 200 Permanent
- Down 200 Permanent
- Dublin County Border 200 Permanent
- East Coast 200 Permanent
- Effin 200 Permanent
- Heartbreak 200 Permanent
- Kildare 200 Permanent
- Killeshin 200 permanent
- Laois 200 Permanent
- Little Carlingford 200 – Permanent
- Locked in Roscommon 200 Permanent
- Loughanleagh 200 Permanent
- Meath 200 Permanent
- Munster Centenary 200 – Permanent
- Royal Canal 200/300 Permanents
- Sligo 200 Permanent
- Suir 200 Permanent
- The Cheeky 200 Permanent
- The Rossies 200 Permanent
- The Unforgettable Fire 200 Permanent
- Three Masts 200 Permanent
- Waterside 200 (Permanent only)